Dr. Amitha Indersen did her M.D. in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from the prestigious Madras Medical College during which she received the best research paper for the year award from the OGSSI, for her thesis. She did her Fellowship in Advanced Obstetric and Gynaecological ultrasound from Mediscan, Chennai. It was then that she found her calling in Fetal medicine. She went on to do a 2-year Postdoctoral Fellowship in Fetal Medicine in Mediscan under the mentorship of Dr.Suresh Seshadri and Dr.Indrani Suresh.She also holds a Tamil Nadu M.G.R. medical university Fellowship in Fetal Medicine. She is Fetal Medicine Foundation, UK accredited for fetal screening protocols.
- MBBS – K.A.P.V. Government Medical College, Trichy 2003
- MD – Obstetrics and Gynecology Madras Medical College 2009
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Fetal Medicine Medis can systems 2014, Fellow in advanced Obstetric and Gynecologic ultrasound 2010
Treatment & Services Expertise
- Dr. Amitha is trained in the detection and management of fetal anomalies, Fetal therapy, fetal Echocardiography, Fetal Doppler assessments, 3D&4D imaging, invasive procedures (like Amniocentesis, chorionic villus sampling, cordocentesis, intrauterine transfusions, fetal reduction, etc.) and counselling.
- Fetal Medicine foundation, Uk certified in first trimester screening.
- Post doctoral fellowship in Fetal medicine.
- Fellow in Advanced Obstetric and Gynecological ultrasound
Professional area of Interest
- Fetal anomalies, fetal cardiology,
Detail Work Experience
- MBBS from KAPV Govt medical college, Trichy.
- MD.(OBG) from Madras Medical college, Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Post doctoral fellow ship (2year) in Fetal medicine, Fellow in Advanced Obstetric and Gynecological ultrasound (6months)
- In Mediscan under Dr. Suresh Seshadri and Dr. Indrani Suresh
- Fetal medicine consultant 10 years’ experience
- Presently Head of Department of Fetal medicine in Apollo Cradle hospitals, Hyderabad.
Research & Publications
- Published many articles and chapters in books A-Z of PCOS by Dr.Vimee Bindra, Obstetric hemorrhage by Dr. Sheela Mane. Fetal anemia in World Journal of anemia,
Trainings and Conferences
- Speaker in Many national and international conferences, Conducted Fetal doppler workshop, First trimester screening CME, Fetal Medicine update (with Apollo Cradle Hospital)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Speciality of Dr. Amitha Indersen?
How do I Book an Appointment online with Dr. Amitha Indersen?
Where does Dr. Amitha Indersen Practise?
Dr. Amitha Indersen offers in hospital physical consultation at Apollo Cradle, Hyderabad - Kondapur