Although most women have normal pregnancies, understanding more about common pregnancy issues can help one make better decisions for their health and the health of their newborn. Each pregnancy is unique. Some pregnancies start out low-risk, but as the pregnancy progresses, issues such as gestational diabetes develop which necessitates particular medical attention for both the mother and the baby. Women may be pregnant with a high-risk pregnancy from the outset in some cases.
High risk pregnancy is defined as one which is complicated. By factors that adversely affect the pregnancy outcome- Maternal or Perinatal or both.
- Teenage Pregnancy
- Elderly Pregnancy
- Pregnancy with medical condition like cardiac disease, Hypertension, DMII, Obesity etc.
- Previous Bad outcome Pregnancy
A high-risk pregnancy implies that there are increased chances of premature delivery or that the mother or the child can develop a health issue. It means that there are higher chances of complications in the pregnancy which is why special care has to be taken to ensure the safety of the mother as well as the child.
Here Are a Few Tips to Manage a High-Risk Pregnancy:
- Pre Pregnancy Counselling: Before planning to conceive visit to Gynecologist and to do necessary test prescribed.
- Maintain a Healthy Pregnancy Weight – One should maintain a nutritious and healthy diet that is rich in fresh fruits and vegetables in order to avoid instances of being underweight and overweight. Having a healthy diet helps in maintaining a good pregnancy weight that will reduce the risks in pregnancy.
- Take Care of Pre-existing Medical Conditions – Pre-existing medical issues that are uncontrolled can contribute to the risk factors in pregnancy. High blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, and other illnesses can all have an impact on pregnancy. Your body takes a toll throughout pregnancy. Managing health issues with medication and lifestyle modifications allows your body to function at its best while you’re pregnant.
- Take Prenatal Vitamins – The body needs more specific nutrients to support the growing baby while one is pregnant. One can get folic acid, iron, protein, and calcium from a prenatal vitamin or supplement that they wouldn’t get from a regular diet.
- Avoid Alcohol, Tobacco, and Such Substances – During pregnancy, drinking alcohol, smoking or using tobacco products, and taking drugs can all have a negative impact on the baby’s health. Cigarettes can be a cause for babies to be born with low birth weight.
Also, Read: Birth Story – A Mother’s Experience of a High-Risk Pregnancy
Birth deformities can result from the use of illegal drugs or the misuse of prescribed pharmaceuticals, and newborns might be born addicted to a substance taken during pregnancy. During pregnancy, one should only take the medications that the doctor has prescribed.
- Regular Medical Appointments – Prenatal checkups are essential for monitoring your health as well as the health of your developing baby. The doctor checks the vital signs and monitors the baby’s progress at each appointment. If any potential problems are discovered, such as gestational diabetes or preeclampsia, a treatment plan to ensure a healthy pregnancy and birth is devised.
Apollo Cradle Has the Best Team of Highly Qualified Gynaecologists
Pregnancies that are high-risk can feel like high-stress pregnancies. Even if one is worried, one can always try to find ways to relieve tension and enjoy their pregnancy. Prenatal yoga, meditation, and other relaxing techniques are all options to make relieve stress.
Also, Read: Nutritious Diet During High-risk Pregnancy
Apollo Cradle Specialist
|Best Gynaecologist in Hyderabad
|Best Pediatrician in Hyderabad
|Best Gynaecologist in Bangalore
|Best Pediatrician in Bangalore
|Best Gynaecologist in New Delhi
|Best Pediatrician in New Delhi
|Best Gynaecologist in Amritsar
|Best Pediatrician in Amritsar