Dr Nivedita Jha did her MBBS and MS from some of the most prestigious medical colleges in the country. She did her MBBS from the prestigious King George’s Medical University, Lucknow. During her under graduation she was the recipient of 4 gold medals, one each in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics, ENT and Physiology. In addition to this she was awarded a Certificate of Honour in 10 subjects.
She then went on to specialize in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and obtained her master’s degree (MS) from the Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Banaras Hindu University (BHU) – one of the highest ranked colleges in the country. She won the gold medal for securing the highest marks during her post-graduation at BHU. During her tenure here, she gained vast experience with dealing with extremely complicated cases, since BHU is quaternary referral centre. This makes her very proficient in dealing with complex cases.
She was also awarded the Diplomat of the National Board (DNB) degree, National Board of Examinations, New Delhi. She attained the Membership of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (London) in 2022.
Since the completion of her MS in 2014 she has worked as a consultant in various busy hospitals in Chennai and Bangalore augmenting and honing her skills and knowledge.
She deals with pregnancies associated with complications, has a high rate of vaginal births and encourages vaginal birth after previous Caesarean Section. She is known for being a patient and sympathetic listener apart from being a rational and practical doctor.
She is experienced in dealing with PCOS, Endometriosis, Fibroids and Heavy Menstrual bleeding. She performs routine Gynaecological surgeries like Hysterectomy, Fibroid removal (Myomectomy), Ovarian cyst removal (Cystectomy) and surgeries for Endometriosis. She is proficient in Hysteroscopic and Laparoscopic surgeries and has attended special courses for this.
Dr Jha believes in the pursuit of academic and clinical excellence and loves to teach and disseminate knowledge to doctors and nurses. She regularly attends National and International conferences and prides herself on being updated about the latest advances in her field. She puts this knowledge into clinical practice thus ensuring that her patients get the best medical care – on par with national and international standards.
- MBBS – KING GEORGE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY LUCKNOW, 2006-2016
- Fellowship in Minimal Invasive Surgery – Pelvic Surgery
- M.S. Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- DNB (OBGY) 2014
- MRCOG (London) 2022
- Registrar Apollo Hospitals Chennai from July 2014 to November 2014
- Junior consultant at Shubham Hospitals & IPSA IVF centre Varanasi for 9 months.
- Senior resident Apollo Hospitals Bannerghatta Road from September 2015 to Jan 2016
- Worked as Senior Resident at Fortis Hospital Bannerghatta Road from September 2016 to May 2019
- Working as Consultant Gynaecologist at Nano hospitals, Hulimavu.
- Visiting Consultant Gynaecologist at Motherhood Hospitals Banashankari, Rainbow hospitals Bannerghatta Road.
- Consultant Gynaecologist at Fortis Lafemme , Richmond Town from June 2019 to March 2022.
- Consultant Gynaecologist at Sparsh Hospitals for Women & Children from April 2022 onwards
- Completed “one-year rotating internship training” at Balrampur Hospital,Lucknow from 31st March 2010 to 30th March 2011(as per rulings of Medical Council of India) in Department of Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology including Family Welfare Planning, Elective training (Skin & VD, Psychiatry), Orthopaedics, Eye, ENT, Casualty, Community Medicine and Paediatrics.
- Experience in all Emergency, OPD, Operative procedures (including laparoscopy and hysteroscopy),labour room and ward duties in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology from June 2011 to May 2014 at Sir Sunderlal Hospital, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi during post graduate training.
- Trained in all laparoscopic and hysteroscopic procedures.
- Teaching experience of undergraduates during Junior Residency from June 2011 to May 2014 in the Department of General Surgery, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University.
- S. thesis on “ULTRASOUND MEASUREMENT OF FETAL ADRENAL GLAND: A BETTER PREDICTOR OF PRETERM BIRTH” in the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
Membership of Academic Bodies
- Member of FOGSI
- Member of Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologists
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Speciality of Dr. Nivedita Jha?
How do I Book an Appointment online with Dr. Nivedita Jha?
Where does Dr. Nivedita Jha Practise?
Dr. Nivedita Jha offers in hospital physical consultation at Apollo Cradle, Bengaluru - Koramangala