Dr Geethika is a surgeon with specialization in surgical breast oncology and breast conservation. With five years of experience in surdical field, she has served the community in both hospital and medical group settings. As a sugeon, her expertise includes treating breast cancer with breast conservation surgery or mastectomy, hereditary breast cancer, while also focussing on preventing breast cancer. Dr Geethika’s philosophy is ” the patient is prime” and hence perfers to spend quality and personalised time with her patients.
- MBBS – K S Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore, 2015
- MS – Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belagavi, 2018
- Fellowship in Breast Surgical Oncology and Reconstruction, Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, 2023
Treatment & services expertise
- Benign Breast Diseases
- Breast Malignancies – Breast conservation surgery and Oncoplasty procedures, Mastectomy including modified radical mastectomy, skin and nipple sparing mastectomy.
- Reconstruction after mastectomy – Latissimus dorsi reconstruction implant based reconstruction
- Axillary lymph node dissection, Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
- Breast Augmentation, Breast Reduction, Cosmetic Procedures
- Indian Medical Association
- Association of Breast Surgery
- Association of Surgeons of India
- Association of Breast Surgeons of India
- Breast Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon’s Association
- The American Society of Breast Surgeons
Professional area of Interest
- Breast Surgery
Detail Work Experience
- Junior Resident – Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College – 3yrs. Senior Resident – Apollo Institute of Medical Sciences – 3yrs. Fellow Resient – Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences – 1yr
Research & Publications
- Kurbet SB, Koujalagi RS, Geethika V, Nagathan V. A 1-year randomized controlled trial to compare the outcome of primary repair of hypospadias with vascular cover using tunica vaginalis flap with those using preputial dartos fascia. Afr J Paediatr Surg 2018; 15:42-7.
- V Geethika, Monalisa Hui, Ranganath R. A clinico-pathological study of male breast cancer with emphasis on androgen receptor positivity from southern India. Indian Journal Applied Research: Volume-13| Issue-4| April- 2023.
Geethika V, Ranganath R, K S Madhur, Hui M. 18F FDG PET CT as a predictor of chemotherapy response in breast cancer – accepted for publication.
Trainings and Conferences
- 19th Surgery CME, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belagavi, 16, 17 October 2015.
- KSCASICON 2016, Shivamogga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shivamogga, 12-14 March 2016.
- JNMC Scientific Society Annual CME 2016 “Common Conditions in Clinical Practice : A Re-Appraisal”, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belagavi, 16-17 April 2016.
- KSCASICON 2017, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belagavi, 10-12 February 2017.
- JNMC Scientific Society Annual CME on “Brain and Mind”, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belagavi, 8-9 April 2017.
- 21st Surgery CME on hepato-biliary, pancreatic surgery and liver transplantation, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belagavi, 4-5 November 2017.
- ASCICON 2017, Jaipur, 27-30 December 2017.
- KSCASICON 2018, Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences, Hassan, 2-4 February 2018.
- 36th JNMC Scientific Society Annual CME on “Emergencies in Clinical Practice”, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belagavi, 7-8 April 2018.
- Breast Surgery online module by Royal College of Surgeons – 7 November 2020
- Association of Breast Surgery Conference 2021, 16-18 May 2021
- UK Interdisciplinary Breast Cancer Symposium, 24-25 January 2022
- ABSICON, Hyderabad, 12-14 August 2022
- BRASCON, Coimbatore, 26-28 August 2022
- BISICON Mid-Term CME and Workshop, Indore 22-23 April 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Speciality of Dr. Geethika Vakati?
How do I Book an Appointment online with Dr. Geethika Vakati?
Where does Dr. Geethika Vakati Practise?
Dr. Geethika Vakati offers in hospital physical consultation at Apollo Cradle, Hyderabad - Kondapur