Having learnt Yoga from varied Yogic schools and traditions, each having its own style and philosophical background, my style of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga is an integrated form of physical and spiritual practices which combines the two to give a complete Yogic experience. I believe Yoga has the potential to transform lives by providing simple solutions that can fix many complications and make a very positive impact on the mind, body and soul.
I was only 14 years old when I started dabbling with Yoga. It grew as a passion very soon. It started because of my gynaecological health issues, and it immensely helped me to get over the problem. Gradually, Yoga became a lifestyle choice for me. After experiencing some pregnancy complications and seeing tremendous positive results with Yoga, I decided to help others in resolving and overcoming their problems.
I believe in understanding the individual needs and levels of my students before providing them customized Yoga training.
- Master’s degree, M.Sc. (Botany) 2007 – 2009
Profile & Certifications
- Certified and qualified Yoga Instructor recognized by the Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India (from Sri Veda Vyasa Yoga Foundation, Mysore)
- Prenatal and Post-Partum Yoga Expert
- Women’s Wellness Yoga Therapist
- Expertise in Sports rehab via Yoga
- Yoga for adolescents, tailored to the specific needs of boys and girls.
- Certified Yoga Therapist (recognised by SVYASA, Singapore and AYTA)
- Member of AYTA (Asian Yoga Therapist Association)
- Yoga certification from JS Yoga, Nagpur (Yoga Shikshak)
- 11+ years of rich experience in yoga by training individuals/ groups/ families in Hyderabad, Bangalore and Mysore for all age groups – kids, teenagers and people over the age of 60 – customized to suit individuals to achieve their health and fitness goals, especially taking into account their body flexibility and other limitations.
- Have conducted several workshops and various programs on Yoga to help spread the awareness of this wonderful ancient science
- Experience of conducting Corporate Yoga Sessions across the globe for MNCs on Covid Rehab and International Day of Yoga
- Yoga Volunteer after successfully completing the 36 hours online training programme on CYP Yoga Volunteer Training conducted by Yoga Certification Board & Fit India Movement under the Government of India.
- Completed the Therapeutic Yoga Course in the year 2019 under Yoga Plus, Bengaluru under the expert guidance of Dr. Nidhi Chaudhary
- Member, AYTA (Asian Yoga Therapist Association)
- Successfully completed the Lamaze Breathing Programme in the month of May 2021, under Nutan Pandit, Founder-Director of Nutan Pandit Lamaze Programme® for Childbirth, National Trainer IYCF
- Volunteered in the Free Yoga Camp for Covid Management by Yoga Mitra, initiated by Dr. Subramanian Venkata Anand (Subbu Bhaiyya) by offering the telephonic Yogic Counselling to the Covid Positive patients.
- Master Trainer for 150+ Yoga Volunteer Teachers for the above-mentioned programme.
- Co-Ordinator of the programme for the first batch of a 6-day camp
- The programme was conducted in 6 different languages in 10 different time slots, in more than 3 parallel running batches.
- Guest speaker for an online Zoom session, as Yoga Therapist – Master Trainer for Covid Management by Iron Lady on 18 May 2021
- Topic – Covid Management
- Session attended by 60+ participants and it received a 4.5/5-star rating by the viewers (based on the online survey conducted at the end of the session by the facilitators)
- Guest speaker for an online webinar conducted by Sri Veda Vyasa Yoga Foundation, Mysore.
- Topic – “Dhyana” (a part of Ashtanga), to the Yoga Trainees of the YTTC programme of the organisation
- Guest speaker for a LIVE YouTube session conducted by Adhyatma Yoga, under Yoga Mitra initiative on 16 November 2020
- Topic – Garbha Sanskar
- Link – https://youtu.be/HLZPr0E-tYk
- Guest speaker for a LIVE YouTube session conducted by Yoga Bharathi, Bengaluru on 20th June, 2021.
- Topic – Garbha Yoga vidya
- Link – https://youtu.be/3GiklmS9pNg
- Attended several webinars over the last 2 years with the topics revolving around Women’s Wellness, like Pregnancy (specifically during pandemic), misconceptions around the babies born during the pandemic, post-partum care, vaccination for pregnant ladies, breast feeding, Diabetes in Pregnancy, PCOS, Thyroid, general diabetes, knee pain and bone health for ladies etc.
- Li & Fung: Delivered an interactive Yoga session followed by a talk, APAC region, on the occasion of International Day of Yoga, 2021
- Ashtanga Yoga for general wellness
- Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga
- Yoga for Stress Management
- Therapeutic Yoga (Thyroid, Weight loss, Gynaecological problems)
- Yoga for Sports/Athletes
- Shuddhi Kriyas
- Pranayama and Meditation
- Breathing techniques during asanas
Projects And Associations
- Yoga and Wellness coach, Sriram Life Insurance Corp.
- ITM CoE, Hyderabad
- LeanSpoon, Hyderabad
- Dr Fitness, Hyderabad
- Novartis, Hyderabad (Corporate Yoga Training Sessions)
- Adtran, Hyderabad (Corporate Yoga Training Sessions)
- TIME, Hyderabad (Chair Yoga session for the employees)
- Don Bosco School, Near Kali Mandir, Hyderabad
- Vivek Vardhini Schools, Hyderabad (Yoga Workshops for School Children)
- Balagokulam, Hyderabad (Yoga Sessions for children)
- Sri Veda Vyasa Yoga Foundation, Mysore
- Adhyatma Yoga, Bengaluru
Teaching And Research Experience
- Yoga Teacher – TIME School, Bandlaguda, Hyderabad (Oct 2019 to Feb 2020)
- Mother Teacher – TIME School, Bandlaguda, Hyderabad (Aug 2017 to Mar 2018)
- Class Teacher – Glendale Academy (Jun 2014 to Jan 2015)
- Senior Research Fellow (SRF) – Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR) Hessaraghatta, Bengaluru (Sep 2009 – Mar 2010)
Master of Science, Botany (2008), University of Mysore
Manasagangotri, Mysore Aggregate percentage: 63.0 %
Bachelor of Science (2006), University of Mysore
Yuvaraja’s college, Mysore Subjects: Botany, Biochemistry, Microbiology (BBM) Percentage: 59.5 %
PUC (2003), PU Board
Sadvidya composite PU College Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Biology (PCMB) Percentage: 80 %
SSLC (2001), KSEEB
CFTRI School, Percentage: 91.2 %
Personal Information; Other Interests
DOB: 26th September 1985
Languages Known: Kannada, English, Hindi, Marathi, Telugu, Sanskrit
- Ethnobotany (scientific study of a region’s plants and their practical uses through the traditional knowledge of a local culture and people)
- Classical Singing (Carnatic Style)
- Passionate Researcher and a voracious reader