At Apollo Cradle, we believe that there is no replacement for a healthy preconception diet for optimal health. We continually focus on food items that contain necessary nutrients in our preconception diet plans, along with supplements. While preconception nutrition requirements differ for each, which will be tailored to fit your requirements, below are general pre-pregnancy diet thumb-rules:
- Include foods with folic acid – Most leafy green vegetables and whole grains are naturally full of folic acid and essential food for getting pregnant. Studies show that the earlier you start getting enough of this vital vitamin, the lower are the chances of your baby developing neural tube.
- Have a balanced diet to maintain a Low Glycemic Index – Glycemic Index (GI) is a measure of the influence of food on your glucose (sugar) levels. An ideal ratio is 40% carbohydrates, 30% fat, and 30% protein. A low GI helps to regulate your blood sugar for maintained energy and fewer cravings and should be taken care of in your diet for getting pregnant.
- Include probiotics in your diet to get pregnant – Probiotics are friendly bacteria that are a crucial part to nutrient absorption. They help your GI stay happy and balanced.
- Eat a range of healthy food items to get pregnant – To ensure proper phytonutrient intake, include a ‘rainbow’ of food items daily. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, white, tan – try to incorporate at least one food from each colour daily. Phytonutrients help improve vitality and make you livelier.
- Include herbs and spices in your preconception diet – Herbs and spices promote balance along with your digestive tract and help to decrease free radical damage done to your body while supporting your detoxification pathways.