Getting back to a healthy sex life
After 4-6 weeks of delivery, most women receive the go-ahead from doctors to resume their sex life. However, sex after having a baby may need some work, communication and mutual understanding. Our counselling experts at Apollo Cradle suggest some simple tips to rekindle your romance, and achieve a healthy physical relationship with your spouse:
- Use alternate venues such as the couch, car or kitchen to make love, as the bed may just lull you to sleep.
- If you are not up to going all the way, indulge in some foreplay, a quick caress, a steamy kiss, oral sex, an erotic massage or manual stimulation
- Use your baby’s naptime for intercourse or plan to take care of your chores later. You can also think about calling a friend or family member to babysit the baby, to have some time alone.
- Compliment your partner and tell him/her how attractive they are.
- Practice some simple beauty routines to feel good about yourself and attract the attention of your partner
- Experiment with positions, as the aches and sores of a post-delivery body, could need some new positions which hurt less and offers maximum pleasure
- Practice some Kegel exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles so that you can enjoy sex