Dr. Poonam Tara is a Senior Consultant Obstetrician, Gynaecologist and Fetal Medicine specialist with over 25 years of experience in the field of Obstetrics, Gynaecology, High Risk Pregnancy, Gynaecological surgeries and Fetal Medicine in India and abroad.
- She has been associated as Senior Consultant Obstetrician, Gynaecologist and Fetal Medicine Specialist, from 2010 at
- Max Healthcare, Saket and Panchsheel Park
- Rosewalk Hospital, Panchsheel Park
- CFMC (Centre for Fetal Maternal Care), Green Park
- She has worked previously (from 2000 – 2010) in various District General Hospital and University Hospitals in NHS, United Kingdom and has been awarded CCT (Completion of Specialist training in Obstetrics & Gynaecology). She was awarded MRCOG in 2011 and FRCOG in 2020. Folowing are the NHS hospitals trusts, she has worked and gained experience in her chosen speciality.
- Guys & St Thomas’ Hospital, London
- Royal Hampshire County Hospital, Winchester
- North Hampshire Hospital, Basingstoke
- University hospitals of Coventry & Warwickshire, Coventry
- Poole General Hospital, Poole
- St George’ Hospital, London
- She believes in one-to-one holistic patient care and is always available to listen to her patients in order to understand and solve their problems.
- She takes particular interest in informing, educating and empowering her patients regarding their health issues and discusses various treatment plans available with them in details.
- She has been recently elected as a fellow representative of RCOG, North Zone, and is involved in making teaching modules in maternal fetal medicine. She enjoys teaching and is seen in various national and international forums as speaker, chairperson and an active discussant in panels. She is also an examiner in MRCOG exam, conducted by RCOG, UK.
- She is also involved in teaching aspiring candidates for MRCOG 2 and 3 courses.
- She is a keen academician and has several publications in national and international journals.
- MBBS – B J Medical College, Poona, India, 1992
- MD – LNM University Darbhanga, India, 1999
- MRCOG PART 1(UK), 1999
- Member of Medical Council of India
- Member of Royal College of Obstetrician & Gynaecologist (128066)
- Member of FOGSI
- Member (Ex executive) of Society for Fetal Medicine of India 2020
- Member of Delhi Medical association
- Member, AOGD subcommittee on Fetal Medicine, 2017-2019 and 2021-2023