Dr. Anita Kaul is a Gynecologist in Sarita Vihar, Delhi and has an experience of 25 years in this field. Dr. Anita Kaul practices at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals in Sarita Vihar, Delhi. She completed MBBS from Bangalore University in 1986 and MS – Obstetrics & Gynaecology from Kanpur University in 1991
- Anita Kaul completed her 2 year Fetal Medicine Fellowship with Professor Kypros Nicolaides at Kings College Hospital,London
- She returned back to Delhi to start the Apollo Fetal Medicine Unit as a separate unit in August 2006.
- The unit is now established as a referral unit for a variety of chromosomal screening tests ,diagnosis and management of fetal abnormalities and second-opinion scans.
- The in-utero fetal therapy centre was started in 2012 ,after she underwent specialised training with Prof Jan Deprest in Leuven Belgium ,with Apollo being one of the few centres in India offering advanced fetal interventions.
- Specialised clinics, fetal twin pregnancy clinic was started in 2018 and the Fetal Brain (neurosonography )clinic was started in 2020 again pioneering clinics in North India for complicated problems.
- The unit is accredited with the Fetal Medicine Foundation UK for 1st Trimester Down syndrome screening(NT/NB scan ) as well as training doctors in performing this scan.
- Regular teaching and training programmes nationally are organized by her.
- Her main area of interest is in Down syndrome screening ,Twin pregnancies and in- utero fetal therapy.
- Working in Apollo Hospitals since 1998
- She joined Apollo Cradle from Oct 2020 as Director of Fetal Medicine to ensure that the quality of Obsteric scanning and fetal medicine meets international standards .
Awards & Achievements
- 1. Awarded Fellow of Indian College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Jan 2016.
- President-Fetal Medicine Foundation India
- Vice President -North Zone Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Executive Committee Member –Fetal Medicine and Genetics Committee –FOGSI
- Executive Committee Member –Imaging –FOGSI
- Life member of Association of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Delhi