Dr.Kanchana Devi Is a Well-Trained Neonatologist and Pediatrician with The Passion to Provide Compassionate and Quality Care for Neonates and Childrens Needing Care. She Done Her Mbbs from Government Chengalpattu Medical College, Tamilnadu .She Completed Her Pediatric Training from Ambedkar Medical College and Hospital. She Then Did Her Neonatology Training (Dm Neonatology) From the Prestigious Institution, Institute of Child Health, Madras Medical College, Chennai.
She Worked in the Department of Neonatology, Madras Medical College Which Has Separate Intramural Unit, Which Is Attached to Institute of Obstetrics and Gynaecology(Iog) And Extramural (Referral) Unit Attached to Institute of Child Health (Ich), Chennai.Worked in This Prestigious Institution Where About 20,000 Deliveries in an Average Is Happening Per Year. Iog Is Supported By 80 Bedded Nicu Including 18 Level 3 Intensive Care Beds Which Is Equipped with High Frequency Oscillatory Ventilators, Inhaled Nitric Oxide and Techotherm Whole Body Cooling Machine. Working In Such a State of Art Facility Has Helped Her to Improve Knowledge and Skills to Efficiently Manage the Nicu.And She Also Has the Experience of Working in A Level 3 B Referral Unit in Institute of Child Health, Chennai, Which Is A 60 Bedded Outborn Unit Nicu Where Neonates Are Referred from All Parts of Tamandu.
Trained And Certified to Do Bayley Scales of Infant and Toddler Development, Third Edition (Bayley-Iii) For High-Risk Babies.
Worked In Surgical Newborn Unit Where I Got the Opportunity for Medical Management of Neonates with Tracheoesophageal Fistula, Imperforate Anus, Malrotation, Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia, And Other Surgical Emergencies Both Pre-Op and Post Op.
Areas Of Special Interests
- Human Milk Banking.
- Antenatal Consults for High-Risk Pregnancies.
- Vlbw Care (Nutrition, Growth, High Risk Follow Up).
- Point Of Care Ultrasonography (Echocardiography, Neurosonogram, Lung Usg) In Sick Neonates.
- Developmental Assessment and High Risk Follow Up.
- MBBS – Govt ChengalpattuMedical College, 2010
- MD – B R Ambedkar Medical College, 2015
- DM – Madras Medical College, 2019
Treatment & Services Expertise
- Advanced Ventilator Support and Non-Invasive Ventilation.
- Managing Asphyxiated Babies on Therapeutic Hypothermia.
- Managing Babies With Pphn(Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension Of Newborn) Using Inhaled Nitric Oxide And High Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation.
- Neonatal Procedures Eg., Icd Placement, Peritoneal Dialysis, Lisa (Less Invasive Surfactant Administration)
- Indian Academy Of Paediatrics
- National Neonatology Forum
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Speciality of Dr. Kanchana Devi M?
How do I Book an Appointment online with Dr. Kanchana Devi M?
Where does Dr. Kanchana Devi M Practise?
Dr. Kanchana Devi M offers in hospital physical consultation at Apollo Cradle, Bengaluru - Rajajinagar