After diet and nutrition, the next big concern for every pregnant woman is what to wear during pregnancy and how to choose the right clothes? Although you can sail through the first trimester (first three months of pregnancy) without much worry, as soon as you are in the second trimester, your body grows and you can no longer fit in your regular clothes, including jeans and tight-fitting shirts. Read about why you should not wear jeans during pregnancy?
To help you choose the perfect wear during pregnancy, here are few tips from Dr Meenakshi Ahuja, Senior Consultant- Obstetrics and Gynecology, Apollo Cradle, Delhi you should keep in mind.
1. Wear breathable fabrics during the entire term of the pregnancy to feel comfortable. Wear cotton fabric, especially during summer. Avoid clothes made from fabrics such as polyester, silk and rayon as these materials make you sweat a lot and hence, make you warm and uncomfortable.
2. If you exercise during pregnancy, it’s better to wear comfortable and loose track suits as they are comfortable and very breathable. You can even wear lycra and spandex in a larger size as you need to be flexibile during exercising. Here’s an exercise guide for pregnancy.
3. While buying clothes, avoid ones that are too tight, because you will continie to gain weight, especially after the second trimester. It is better to buy clothes at least a size larger. You can even invest in maternity wear instead of regular clothes during pregnancy.
4. You can wear stretchy leggings, oversized tops, maxi dresses, wrap tops which are simple, yet chic. You may also like to read trendy maternity wear for the new age mum-to-be.
5. As women need to urinate a lot during pregnancy, ensure that the clothes you wear is easy to remove. Never delay answering nature’s call during pregnancy as it increases pressure on bladder and the uterus.