- M.D Pediatrics
More than 23 years professional experience working as Neonatal Pediatrician and in Pediatric Intensive Care in India, Middle East and in Southern Africa. Served in the Indian Air Force as well. University topper in MD, Pediatrics from Bengaluru University. Repeatedly commended by various governments and hospitals for providing cutting edge care for Neonatology, establishing NICU start-ups in other countries. The vast teaching experience of doctors internationally and providing extensive audit activities at National level in Southern Africa. Commended by WHO and worked with teams from Harvard Medical School/ Baylor school of Medicine in Texas/ Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and University of Pennsylvania from US, especially for Neonatal Care and managing HIV / AIDS in children in Africa. Mentoring exchange students from Geneva, Switzerland and Nottingham University, U.K. Have also active professional experience of coordinating and managing medical teams from China and Cuba. Was the CEO, Clinical Director, and Senior Pediatric Advisor for start-up and struggling health care units as well as established tertiary care units at various times in India and abroad. Done, several airborne medical evacuation earlier in my career. Worked in close coordination with the Director, Clinical Services and Permanent Secretary of Health, Botswana on National under 5 Mortality audit and prevention.
- Member of Botswana Pediatric Association.
- Registrations with Botswana Health Professionals Council, Maharashtra Medical Council.
- Trainer for Helping Babies Breathe/ Neonatal Advanced Life Support for Southern Africa.
- Trainer for Emergency Triage and treatment for Southern Africa.
- Member of National Under 5 Mortality Committee for Botswana from 2013 to 2019.
- Life Membership of Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP)
- Specialist License of UAE & Saudi Arabia
- Ex-servicemen Association of India
- Book on Neonatal Care (co-authored) under review for publication with Ministry of Health, Botswana.
Awards & Achievements
- Part of the helicopter team to receive Presidential Colours from the President of India in 1991.
- Commended by the President of Botswana and Ministry of Health, Botswana for innovativeness in health care and bringing down Neonatal and Pediatric Mortality in that country in 2011.
- Commendation by WHO and from medical team from Govt. of Malawi in 2010.