Sign & Symptom of high Risk pregnancy
When you learn that you are pregnant, consult your doctor about the possibility of a high-risk pregnancy. Openly discuss any pre-existing medical conditions, how they can be managed and the possible consequences on the same on labour and delivery. Our expert team at Apollo Cradle has laid out some of the signs and symptoms of high-risk pregnancy to look out for.
If you experience any of the following signs of high-risk pregnancy, it is essential to get immediate medical attention:
- You lose consciousness - It wouldn't be possible for you to take any action in this situation. Brief your partner, neighbour or colleague in advance of what to do in such a situation
- You experience vaginal bleeding
- You experience unbearable pain in your pelvis or belly
- You have fluid leaking from your vagina - This could be because the umbilical cord is bulging into your vagina. Call for emergency help immediately. Meanwhile, get down on your knees so that your rear end (buttocks) is higher than your head. This will help reduce the pressure on the cord until help arrives.
- You experience persistent pelvic pressure or back pain
- You observe that your baby is moving less than normal or not moving
- You experience signs of pre-eclampsia such as sudden swelling of your hands, feet or face; vision problems such as dimness or blurring; a severe headache
During pregnancy, it is critical to stay vigilant and watch out for any signs that indicate that your pregnancy is not progressing as it is supposed to. Not all signs would mean that you have a problem, but it is always advisable to stay alert and consult your doctor at the slightest sign of distress.