6 ways to boost fertility
Sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy food habits can take a toll on your fertility. Hectic work schedules combined with an unhealthy diet is among the leading causes of infertility among both men and women. Cut down on your unhealthy habits and start maintaining a proper lifestyle so that your reproductive health is not compromised and you can conceive successfully when you wish to. You can start by making simple changes in your daily activities. These will surely go a long way in boosting your fertility.
Here’s what you, as a woman can do to boost your fertility:
- Maintain a healthy diet: It goes without saying that what you eat has a direct impact on your well-being; so make sure you eat balanced and nourishing meals. Your diet should contain enough of proteins and foods rich in iron, zinc and vitamins to boost your fertility. Consult your doctor if you think you require multivitamin tablets to supplement your diet.
- Keep a check on your weight: if you plan on getting pregnant, it is of utmost importance to maintain your ideal body weight. Apart from the other complications, being overweight and very underweight is known to affect your ability to conceive. You can consult your doctor and follow an exercise regime to keep yourself fit.
- Avoid smoking and drinking: Excessive smoking is linked to premature ageing of your ovaries and damage to your eggs. You can stop these effects of smoking by simply quitting and leading a healthier lifestyle. It is also observed that excessive consumption of alcohol can cause complications such as Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (a group of conditions that indicate problems with your baby’s development) when you’re pregnant. There is no safe level of alcohol so if you are trying to get pregnant, you should give up alcohol completely.
Here’s what you, as a man, can do to increase your fertility:
- Concentrate on a healthy lifestyle: Low sperm count is associated with some factors like heavy smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, drug abuse, etc. Quit your addictions to improve your Avoid prolonged hot baths and wearing tight fitting undergarments as heat can lower your sperm count.
- Reduce your chemical exposure: Chemical exposure such as to work related chemicals can cause damage to your sperm count and quality.
- Improve your diet: Include fresh fruits, whole grains, legumes and foods rich in antioxidants in your daily diet to boost your fertility. Cut down on refined carbohydrates and foods containing artificial additives. Maintain an ideal body weight as obesity is associated with loss of libido and infertility. Exercise regularly to stay healthy.
You would see a lot of difference by making these simple changes in your daily life. Following these recommendations will not only increase your fertility but will also improve your sexual health to a great extent. You can also consult your doctor from time to time in case you think you require health supplements or need to follow a particular diet and exercise regime to increase your fertility.