Delicious yogurt recipe for kids with diabetes
Preparing recipes for kids with diabetes can be a daunting task. Here we present four interesting recipes for kids with diabetes made with yogurt.
It is a traditional drink of India and helps to beat the heat.
Plain Yogurt – 2 cups
Water – 1/2 cup
Black Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
Roasted Cumin Powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Take yogurt in a bowl.
- Now add salt, black salt and roasted cumin powder into it.
- Next add water and whisk using a mechanical or electrical blender till it becomes frothy.
- Pour into the serving glasses and serve.
Tips: Either you can use chilled water or after preparing the lassi keep it in the refrigerator for one hour.
Raita is a yogurt based condiment and a perfect accompaniment with biryanis and parathas.
Cucumber – 1/2 cup, chopped
Onion – 1/2 cup, chopped
Salt to taste
Yogurt – 11/2 cup
Red chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
- Take the yogurt in a bowl and beat well.
- Now add chopped cucumber, onion, salt, red chilli powder and coriander leaves.
- Mix them well and keep it in the refrigerator for half an hour and serve.
- FRESH FRUIT SALAD WITH YOGURT
This is a healthy salad prepared from fruit and topped with yogurt.
Grapes – 1 cup
Apple – 1, chopped
Strawberries – 1/2 cup, chopped
Pomegranate – 1/4 cup
Yogurt – 2 cups
Honey – 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Mix all the fruits in a bowl.
- Now beat the yogurt and add top of the fruit bowl or mix the fruit and yogurt together.
- If you wish can add honey from top.
It is a healthy smoothie and filling too.
Rolled Oats – 1/4 cup
Yogurt – 1/2 cup
Banana – 1, sliced
Milk – 1/2 cup
Honey – 1 teaspoon
Take oats, yogurt, banana, milk and honey in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve in a glass.