Pregnancy is the most beautiful yet difficult phase of every woman’s life as her body undergoes tremendous changes. During this phase, women need extra care and immense emotional and physical support to reach the destination and deliver the baby safely and healthily.
Many expectant and new mothers have a strong sense of responsibility during and after their pregnancies and they put in all the efforts to manage all the tasks, like taking care of themselves, the baby, and their home. As a result, they may feel anxious and overwhelmed. However, partner’s and family’s support can help her experience a smooth pregnancy. You can do things like:
Things to Do for Emotional Support to Women During Pregnancy
- Help her make changes to her lifestyle
- Show affection
- Take walks together
- Lend a helping hand when she needs
- Encourage her to eat healthy
- Encourage her to take breaks and naps
Women are more likely to enjoy this beautiful time when they have the support they require. They will also be better prepared to deal with the difficulties of being a new mother and develop a positive relationship with their baby.
Why Is Emotional Support Necessary?
Emotional Support During Pregnancy Is Crucial for Both Mother’s and Child’s Well-Being Because:
- Pregnant women who receive emotional support experience fewer pregnancy difficulties and deliver healthier newborns.
- Lack of emotional support during pregnancy increases the risk of stress, anxiety, and depression, all of which can affect the mother’s and the child’s health.
- Pregnant women feel happier and more at ease by getting emotional support from family, friends, or a therapist, which benefits the unborn child.
- Regular emotional support increases the pregnant woman’s likelihood of breastfeeding, which is healthy for both mother and child.
Apollo Cradle Has the Best Team of Highly Qualified Gynaecologists
How Can a Partner Be Supportive?
Usually, men want to help their pregnant partners but are unsure how to get involved and what their partner wants or needs. Here are some things you, as a supportive partner can do.
1. Educate Yourself
Start educating yourself about pregnancy. The more you understand what all changes your partner’s body is undergoing and how it is affecting her mental and physical states, you’ll be able to provide the right kind of support at the right time. The same is true to get ready for childbirth and postpartum.
Here Are a Few Things You Can Do:
- Get hold of some good pregnancy books. The paperbacks will give detailed information on pregnancy and the stages an expecting and new mother goes through.
- Attend a childbirth class or make an appointment with a childbirth educator or your partner’s healthcare provider.
- If you have a friend who has recently delivered a baby, speak with them and understand their journey. Inquire about what they did in a specific situation(s).
2. Be With Her at All Important Times
Simply Showing Up Is One of the Most Effective Ways to Show Support. You Can Do the Following Things:
- Attend all of your partner’s medical appointments.
- Participate in decisions about which is the best healthcare provider and which prenatal and postnatal tests to undergo.
- Attend childbirth or parenting classes.
3. Talk to her
When It Comes to Partner Support, Open Communication Is the Key.
Pregnancy can induce a wide range of emotions from excitement and happiness to fear and anxiety. You will be able to provide the emotional support your partner requires if they can trust that you will listen to their feelings with an open mind and that nothing is off-limits.
4. Ask the Right Questions
You can’t always be aware of what your partner requires. So, do not hesitate before asking your partner what you can do for her. There are many ways to help them and make them feel loved from making sure they have doctor appointments scheduled to giving them back rubs to preparing their favourite nutritious food.
However, do not put the burden on your partner and expect them to tell you exactly what to do at every step of the way. Taking proactive actions to support your partner is a crucial component of a supportive relationship.
Pregnancy can be overwhelming at times, and pregnant women should have their partner and family to lean on for support throughout the journey.
Expectant and new mothers can also contact medical professionals and take advice(s) when they need someone to talk to apart from their partners. Many doctors willingly and happily provide such support.
Apollo Cradle & Children’s Hospital ensures that patients receive the best maternity care possible. We provide a comprehensive range of maternity services, from prenatal to postnatal care. Our team of experienced doctors and nurses will ensure that women receive the best possible care throughout and after their pregnancy.
Apollo Cradle Specialist
|Best Gynaecologist in Hyderabad||Best Pediatrician in Hyderabad|
|Best Gynaecologist in Bangalore||Best Pediatrician in Bangalore|
|Best Gynaecologist in New Delhi||Best Pediatrician in New Delhi|
|Best Gynaecologist in Amritsar||Best Pediatrician in Amritsar|